Are These Serving Opportunities for You?
Are These Serving Opportunities for You?
Jul 10, 2017
Your time and talents are gifts and HCL has many opportunities for you to use your gifts to serve God's people in different ways. Making a difference in the world for Christ can start right where you are! Whatever your availability and interests are, finding opportunities that speak to you are great ways to get connected, pitch in and make a difference.
The gifts our volunteers give to support the ministries of HCL are immeasurable. They are the helpers at our events for children and in our classrooms. They are support group leaders lending their time to help others. They deliver meals to hungry families. They load purchased items from collections to be distributed to communities in need. They use their talents to create art, music and crafts to share hope. They help in weekly worship services. They cook and bake to spread joy. These are just a few of the ways that droves of very special people lend their time, talents and voices to supporting the ministries of Hales Corners Lutheran Church & School and we simply could not do what we do without our volunteers. We have some great volunteer opportunities available right now, so if God has been calling you to serve, consider these wonderful ways to give back:
- Addiction2Recovery Facilitators. Seeking two volunteers to facilitate our Addiction2Recovery support group which meets twice a month. Addiction2Recovery is a faith-based support group for those in recovery from alcohol and/or chemical dependency. Please contact Mary Steinbrenner at 414-529-6700 ext. 106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crossroads Career Network Team Leader. Crossroads Career Network hosts a monthly meeting January through November to offer education and encouragement for unemployed or those in job transition. Crossroads is seeking a Team Leader to plan monthly meetings (templates for the year are already created). Strong organization and people skills are necessary. Training is provided. If you are or someone you know is interested, contact Mary Steinbrenner at email@example.com.
- Pew Rack Care Volunteers. Seeking weekly volunteers to help replenish the items in the pew racks, such as guest envelopes and scribble cards. Our care team replenishes the pew racks during the week when it is convenient for your schedule (and when the sanctuary is not in use). Please contact Teresa Heise if you are interested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Timber Trails Camp Counselors. Do you love spending time with kids? Does impacting kids for Christ and showing them His love inspire you? Does God’s majestic creation leave you in awe of His goodness? If so, perhaps He’s calling you to serve as a Timber Trails camp counselor! Open to responsible, loving teenagers/adults, ages 16-22. If you are interested in applying, please complete this form.
- Toddler Nursery. We're looking for loving hearts to help care for the little ones in HCL's Toddler Nursery! Volunteers play with the little ones, read Bible stories, play and give out snacks in a laid back setting. If you're interested in helping during one of these services: Sat. 5:30, Sun. 9:15, Sun. 11:00, please contact Rachel Stathakis at email@example.com.
The pull to serve can come in many forms. Some people have personal experiences that they wish to share or that motivate them to help. Others may be driven by an inherent gratefulness and wish to give back. Perhaps a personal passion in a specific area is a driving force for some or merely the result of a talent being met with an opportunity. Where is God calling you to use your gifts? Service not only does good, but it also feels good too. Service can be very fulfilling and is a great way to meet and connect with new people. Here are some ways to get started:
- Check out our Serve/Volunteer page for immediate and ongoing serving opportunities.
- You can also click here to peruse all of the different areas of ministry you can serve in.
- Call Jessica Ramdohr at 414-529-6700 ext. 138 to discuss your interests, skills and talents. She will be able to connect you with opportunities that align with your skill sets.