Who You Are in 5 Letters
Who You Are in 5 Letters
Jul 27, 2017
"My Thought for Your Day" by Paul Minzlaff
For the latest installment of "My Thought for Your Day," visit our "Inspiration" blog.
It seems that lately I am around people who have these catchy sets of letters that, when combined in a specific order, deliver an important message. The letters are intended to have us remember a message – an acronym. So, with that brief background, I wanted to share an acronym of the week that will help you see, hear, laugh, love and live just a little better in your own life.
Did you ever consider why you are “shaped” the way you are? No, I am not talking about your height or weight – your bulging muscles or lack thereof. The word shape can have an even more powerful meaning when we use it to define those unique qualities that God has given each of us. Let’s unpack this acronym of SHAPE and see if it cannot help you become a better version of yourself:
- S which stands for Strengths. Have you ever taken the time to sit down and write out your responses to this question, “What am I good at, what brings me joy?” Your responses are very likely the evidence of your personal strengths.
- H represents your Heart. Where is your heart today? Are you open to listening to feedback from family and friends? Do you possess a “servant’s heart” today or has your heart taken on some form of darkness which is moving you away from being the person God intended you to be?
- A stands for your Abilities. Each of us has been granted unique and special abilities by our Creator. We all can’t run a marathon or lift 100 lbs. Some of us are great cooks and some of us struggle boiling water. But when a community of individuals comes together and shares their abilities with and for each other, well, great blessings can be realized.
- P defines the word Personality. How would you describe your personality? Cheerful? Positive? Negative? An expert in labeling what is wrong with everyone else (ouch)? Each day as you prepare to make a difference in this world, take a moment to conduct a personality profile on yourself. Ask yourself, “Am I ready to show the world only my best side today?”
- Now we have reached the final letter E. Any guesses what the letter E stands for? You might consider a response of excellent or expert, but a more meaningful definition is Experiences. Who we are and whom we will become is often shaped by our life experiences. Often, your response is directly related to a positive or negative event you have experienced in life. Be aware that history is not a predictor of your future.
And, in all things, remember to be grateful for the shape you are in – and ask God to continue the works he has begun in you as he shapes your life.
Thoughts to Encourage
- "Execution, it represents the wise choice of many alternatives." - Willa A. Foster
- Problems have a way of getting smaller, when you confront them.