See What's Happening at HCL This Fall
See What's Happening at HCL This Fall
Sep 01, 2017
The summer is winding down and things here at HCL are picking up. School is back in session and a new Church Year is upon us with many opportunities to grow, serve and heal. The ministries of HCL are bustling with events, activities and groups, there truly is something for everybody. Check out this comprehensive listing for a taste of what's happening here at HCL and jump in, get connected and grow your faith.
- Single Parents Group: We will be hosting a single parent gathering in Common Grounds on Wednesdays during DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K) Sept. 13 - November 22 from 6:30 to 8:00pm.
- Parent Support Group for Prodigal (Rebellious) Loved Ones: This group will start on Monday, September 18th at 6:30pm in Room 171.
- Recovery Thru Jesus: This faith-based support group is for individuals with alcohol and drug dependencies. "Beyond Addictions" by Jeff Rudd will be used for group discussion. Meetings will start on Monday, October 2nd at 7:00pm and meet weekly.
- GriefShare: Open group for those who have experienced a human loss through death. Fall session starts Monday, September 11th, 5:45 pm, Room 166. Additionally, a new GriefShare group is being launched by Prasser-Kleczka Funeral Home at Howard Village in St. Francis. This group will start on Thursday, September 21st, 6:00-8:00pm (you may also visit www.griefshare.org for the current schedule). Click here for an informational video to learn more. Call Mary Steinbrenner at 414-529-6700, ext. 106 or email GriefShare@HCL.org for information.
- DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K): Support group for children ages 5 to 12. Sessions include a devotion, video, activity time, stories from the Bible, and small group interaction. Click here for an informational video to learn more. For more information, contact Mary Steinbrenner, 414-529-6700, ext. 106 or email DivorceCareforKids@hcl.org. Start date is Wednesday, September 13th from 6:30 to 8:00pm. Visit www.dc4k.org for the current schedule.
- Safe Harbor’s Fall Educational Program: This will be held Thursday, October 12th from 6:30 to 8:00pm. Deb Reid-Zielinski will be presenting on how to choose a counselor and what to expect in a session.
- GRASP (Grief Recovery After Substance Passing): This group is for those grieving the loss of a loved one due to a substance overdose. The leaders of this group know firsthand the impact of loss due to an overdose after losing their son. They are committed to supporting others on this journey and to share their source of hope. This group will kick off on Monday, September 25th.For further meeting details, contact Robin at 414-916-4827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more on HCL's care and support resources, click here.
Get Into the Word
- Steeple View Bible Study: This Bible Study is led by Pastor Keith at Steeple View and will kick off on Wednesday, September 13th at 9:30am and meet weekly.
- Women of Faith (Tuesday Night Women's Bible Study): Tuesdays, September 19, 2017 thru November 7, 2017 6:30 PM-8:45 PM; This is a women's bible study which begins as a large group in the sanctuary for worship (led by David Kaap), teaching and video. We then break into small groups for further study, discussion and confidential prayer. Our goal is for the women to grow deeper in their faith, have another weekly opportunity to worship Jesus, make friendships with fellow believers, study God's Word and pray together.
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: This innovative series combines Bible Study with an enjoyable, interactive format to help you experience God's Word as it really is: energetic, immediate and life-transforming. Kicks off on Sunday, September 17th and meets every Sunday at 9:15am in the Large Conference Room.
For more about Bible Study at HCL, click here.
Grow at HCL
- Bible Journaling Thru Words and Art: October 17th 7-9 pm & October 19th 9-11am; An opportunity to learn an interactive way to study God's Word and pray while illustrating your favorite scripture verses. Pat Maier will share the history of visual faith practices and teach on designing inspired reminders of God's Word. Click here for details and to sign up.
- Crossroads Career Network: Are you in the throes of a job search? Are you looking to make a career change? Crossroads Career Network events at HCL are great opportunities to learn, network and grow. On Monday, September 11th, join our expert job coach Kris Maegli at 6:30pm at HCL to get tips for optimizing your search while minimizing your anxiety. Click here to learn more and access Crossroads' monthly calendar.
- Financial Peace University: If you're looking for an opportunity to create a plan to become an effective steward of your personal finances and God's resources bestowed upon you, then sign up for Dave Ramsey's nine-week Financial Peace University (FPU) course starting September 17th at 6:00pm at HCL. Click here to learn more and register.
- Fitness Center Exercise Classes & Memberships: If you're looking for opportunities to feel good and gain more energy while enjoying fellowship with others, then consider the Fitness Center at HCL! Sign up for a membership to use HCL's state-of-the-art equipment at a fraction of the cost of a membership somewhere else. If you enjoy pushing yourself in a group setting, check out Fitness Center classes. From full body strength and core and yoga to Jazzercise and senior classes, there's something for everybody! Click here for the Fall 2017 Class Schedule.
- Live2Lead: Are you needing to breathe new life into your leadership? Hales Corners Lutheran is proud to be hosting a live simulcast of Live2Lead, a leader development experience designed to equip you with new perspectives, practical tools and key takeaways. Hear from world-class speakers, including Dr. John C. Maxwell and Dave Ramsey, and HCL members can get 50% off registration, so what are you waiting for? Sign up now and join us for Live2Lead on Friday, October 6th from 8:00-11:30am. Click here for details and to get HCL's discount to register.
- MOMS Ministry: Meets Tuesdays in Fellowship Hall (JC), beginning September 12th. There is a morning and evening session available. Join other moms just like you who are in all ages and stages of their mom journey. Click here for details.
- Music Ministry: Our music ministry ensembles will be ramping up again for the new Church Year. We would love to welcome you to take part in of of our many ensemble opportunities. Sanctuary Choir, Praise Team, Big Band, Rhythm & Hum, Joyful Ringers, Jubilee Singers, Hallelujah Voices, Brass Ensemble, Festival Choir, and many more are welcoming new members. Music Ministry at HCL is a great chance to get involved and make a joyful noise! For more information, please contact Bill Busch, Director of Music Ministries at email@example.com or 414-529-6700 ext. 139.
Make a Difference
- Crossroads Career Network Team Leader: Crossroads Career Network hosts a monthly meeting January through November to offer education and encouragement for unemployed or those in job transition. is seeking a Team Leader to plan monthly meetings (templates for the year are already created). Strong organization and people skills are necessary. Training is provided. If you are or someone you know is interested, contact Mary Steinbrenner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K) Junior Helpers: Ages 13 to 17. Assist DivorceCare for Kids leaders with weekly classes. Duties include set up of three activity tables, assisting children one on one with the activities and arts and crafts, assisting with clean up. If you are interested, contact Mary Steinbrenner at email@example.com.
- Ebenezer Stone Food Pantry Manager: Ebenezer Stone Ministries is seeking a part-time volunteer Food Pantry Manager for the Ebenezer Stone Ministries Food Pantry located on 35th Street just south of National Avenue. The Food Pantry Manager would be responsible for picking up food from local organizations once per week, coordinating and training volunteers, distribution and more. If you are interested in this position, send a letter outlining your interest and qualifications to Kari Tylke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recovery Thru Jesus Female Co-Facilitator: Recovery Thru Jesus is a new ministry for those who are recovering from addictions to share the hope we have in email@example.com. . This ministry is launching in September 2017 We are seeking a female co-facilitator, if you are interested, contact Mary Steinbrenner at
- Stockbox Deliveries: The first Monday of each month is our Stockbox delivery to low income seniors in the area. Volunteers pick up boxes at the Hales Corners Library and deliver them to homes or apartments. We have an immediate need for someone that is available the first Monday of each month at 1:15pm to pick up boxes and do the delivery. Times can be flexible. If interested, contact Wayne Kestner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday School: Are you interested in teaching or assisting with Sunday School at HCL? The 2017-18 year kicks off on Sunday, September 17th and we are looking for people with loving hearts who enjoy working with children. If interested, please contact
Check out our Serve/Volunteer page for immediate and ongoing serving opportunities.
NextGen (Children, Middle School and High School)
- Children's Ministry Loaves & Fishes Breakfast and Toddler Nursery Grand Opening: Sunday, September 10th will be a very special day to come to worship, as we will be revealing our newly renovated Toddler Nursery and hosting some special activities and treats to celebrate the Grand Opening. There will also be a Loaves & Fishes breakfast held in Fellowship Hall from 8:15am-12:30pm with all the proceeds going toward Children's Ministry at HCL. Be sure to come out in support of HCL's Children of God!
- Sunday School: Sunday School at HCL kicks off on Sunday, September 17th meets on Sunday mornings from 9:05-10:20 at the Janesville Campus. This ministry, created for children ages 3 (by September 1 st of the current school year) through 5th grade, takes place from mid-September through mid-May. All are welcome; we would love to see you! Click here for more information and to get signed up.
- Confirmation: Confirmation begins on Sunday, September 24th and Monday, September 25th and will use Scripture and Luther’s Small Catechism as the foundation for engaging students and their parents in a deeper understanding of Jesus Christ, their relationship with Him as Savior, and their life-long journey of faith. Click here for details and to register.
Is Your Ministry Missing?
If your ministry is starting up in the fall or hosting an event or activity to share with the People of God, let us know! Submit a Publicity Request to the Hales Corners Lutheran Communications Team to develop a comprehensive marketing plan to help you promote your event/program so you can have the biggest impact on the people of God. Click here to get started.