Are You Prepared?
Are You Prepared?
Nov 16, 2017
"My Thought for Your Day" by Paul Minzlaff
For the latest installment of "My Thought for Your Day," visit our "Inspiration" blog.
Why does it seem that some people appear to anticipate what life is going to throw at them? Yes, bad things do and will happen to good people. Pick up the newspaper on any given day and you will likely read of loss, pain and suffering locally and throughout the world. While I can’t offer much advice on how you can avoid trials and tribulations in your life, I would like to focus our efforts today on preparation.
If this story was focused on your preparation for a natural disaster, such as a hurricane, I would encourage you to stock up on basic necessities: water, canned goods, flashlights, extra batteries and the like. While no one can predict when they may face a natural disaster, we can predict with confidence that our faith will be challenged daily – how can we “stock up” on the basic necessities of Christian life in preparation of facing these challenges as they come?
- HOPE – Our faith is anchored in being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. What do we hope for? That we find peace knowing that, in all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. That we have opportunity to do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. And finally, that we proclaim the gospel, the good news of salvation.
- CONFIDENCE – By faith, all things are possible. By faith, we believe the world was formed at God’s command. Without faith, it is impossible to please God because, anyone who comes to Him, must believe that he exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. What does God have the power to change? Everything! Did God not calm the winds and sea? Through the death and resurrection of Jesus, we have the gift of eternal life. What about physical ailments of the body? Do we not read in the Bible of sight restored, the lame to walk and the dead to rise?
- ASSURANCE – Hear the words found in the Gospel of John, words spoken by Jesus to you and I: “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
A promise has made to you: “In keeping with God’s promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. (2Peter 3:13,14) Your baptism prepared you as a child of the most Holy, now, armed with assurance, confidence and hope prepare to greet each day. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Thoughts to Encourage
- We weren’t created for achievements, we were created for relationships.
- You can resist the devils lies with the truth of God’s word.