Dec 07, 2017
"My Thought for Your Day" by Paul Minzlaff
For the latest installment of "My Thought for Your Day," visit our "Inspiration" blog.
A new year will soon be upon us. Nothing I write or share with you today will change or impact that fact – it’s coming whether you are ready or not. What I do want to offer today is a challenge for you, which is pretty simple on the surface: I want you to be more grateful each and every day in this new year. Are you up to it?
Let’s start your gratitude plan with words of encouragement. These words can be words of affirmation to get you started, finding new joy in your life as you thank others for making a difference in your life. Maybe consider keeping these words in a place in your home or car where you can read them each morning and launch your day of gratitude.
- Know that everything you do today is part of God’s plan. With God’s help, you can do and want to do His will in your life.
- Give thanks for a new day, a day that you can share the gift of gratitude. Find guidance in the words of Colossians 3:23: “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.”
- Give hope to one another: “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
- Start with Jesus. Daily, speak words of gratitude to the One who makes everything possible. Thank God for all the incredible blessings He is providing in your life. Start noticing how many blessings you truly are receiving. Worship is the “thank you” that refuses to be silenced. Worship is a voluntary act of gratitude offered by the saved to the Savior.
- Who are you grateful for in your life? When is the last time you told them? When telling that person, I encourage you to be specific about what you are grateful for – their unconditional love, courage, belief in you, willingness to listen, no judgement, etc.
So, my challenge to each of you for 2018 is to start a new daily habit – Gratitude 365. Challenge yourself to tell one person “Thank you” and why each and every day. I promise it will add joy to your life and energize your soul.
Thoughts to Encourage
- Appreciation can make a day – even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary. – Margaret Cousins
- Pray your priorities into your life to start your day.