Kick Off the New Year With HCL's Winter 2018 Guide
Kick Off the New Year With HCL's Winter 2018 Guide
Dec 27, 2017
The start of a New Year is a time to reflect and spring forward with new intentions for personal growth. HCL has many opportunities to grow, serve and heal in 2018. Our ministries are bustling with events, activities and groups, there truly is something for everybody. Check out this comprehensive listing for a taste of what's happening here at HCL and jump in, get connected and grow your faith.
- Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group: Hosting Marty Schreiber, former Wisconsin Governor and author, sharing his story “My Two Elaine’s” on Thursday, March 8, 6:30 to 8:30 pm, in the Fellowship Hall. RSVP’s appreciated at 414-529-6700, ext. 106.
- DivorceCare: Separated, divorced or filing for a divorce can be painful and difficult to go through alone. Support group meets weekly on Sundays. Next session begins January 28, 6:30 to 9:00 pm.
- NEW Educational Series for 2018: Coping Skills for Everyday Life – first session topic is “Down Day” or Depression? on Thursday, January 25, 6:30 to 8:00 pm, in Room 144. Click here for details and to RSVP.
- GRASP (Grief Recovery After Substance Passing): This group is for those grieving the loss of a loved one due to a substance overdose. The leaders of this group know firsthand the impact of loss due to an overdose after losing their son. They are committed to supporting others on this journey and to share their source of hope. This group will kicked off on Monday, September 25th.For further meeting details, contact Robin at 414-916-4827 or email email@example.com.
- GriefShare: GriefShare: Open group for those who have experienced a human loss through death. Spring session starts Monday, February 5, 5:45 pm, Room 166. Click here for an informational video to learn more. Call Mary Steinbrenner at 414-529-6700, ext. 106 or email GriefShare@HCL.org for information.
- Mending the Soul: Understanding and Healing Abuse: Mending the Soul offers a 12 week support group for women to understand heal from abuse. People must sign up by February 1, 2018 to be considered and then individuals will be interviewed prior to group placement to ensure the safety for group members. The group will kick off in March. Once the group begins, it is closed. Contact Mary Steinbrenner for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parent Support Group for Prodigal (Rebellious) Loved Ones: This group meets the 1st and 3rd Monday,at 6:30pm in Room 171. Current study is: Surviving a Prodigal.
- Recovery Thru Jesus: This faith-based support group is for individuals with alcohol and drug dependencies. "Beyond Addictions" by Jeff Rudd is used for group discussion. Meets weekly on Mondays at 7:00pm.
- Safe Harbor’s Fall Educational Program: Safe Harbor: Mental illness or mental health crises can alter life’s perspectives. Peer and Family Support groups available twice a month on Thursdays.
For more on HCL's care and support resources, click here.
Get Into the Word
- Men's Spiritual Fitness: We hear a lot about Physical Fitness, but what is more important than improving your own personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Join us to know the TRUTH through God's Word. We meet from 7-8:30pm meeting every other Thursday from September to June at a private residence. For more details, contact Ed Graat 262-227-3701 or email@example.com.
- Sip, Savor and Drink Deeply Women's Ministry Speaker Event: Guest speaker and author of "Sip, Savor and Drink Deeply" Deb Burma will be presenting on Saturday, February 3 from 9:00-11:00am at the Janesville Campus. Whether you're already part of small groups at HCL or you'd like to dip your toe in the water, all women are welcome to enjoy this morning together in the Word. Click here to learn more and register by January 29.
- Steepleview Bible Study: This Bible Study is led by Pastor Keith at Steeple View and meets weekly at 9:30am.
- Sunday Morning Bible Study: This innovative series combines Bible Study with an enjoyable, interactive format to help you experience God's Word as it really is: energetic, immediate and life-transforming. Meets every Sunday at 9:15am in the Large Conference Room.
- Women of Faith (Tuesday Night Women's Bible Study): Tuesdays, January 9 thru April 17, 2018 6:30 PM-8:45 PM; This is a women's bible studywhich begins as a large group in the sanctuary for worship (led by David Kaap), teaching and video. We then break into small groups for further study, discussion and confidential prayer. Our goal is for the women to grow deeper in their faith, have another weekly opportunity to worship Jesus, make friendships with fellow believers, study God's Word and pray together.
For more about Bible Study at HCL, click here.
Grow at HCL
- 2018 Short Term Mission Experiences: If God is calling you further than your community, consider Global Mission at HCL! Our 2018 Short Term Mission Experiences are scheduled, so take a leap of faith and explore these life-changing opportunities to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Click here to learn more.
- Crossroads Career Network: Are you in the throes of a job search? Are you looking to make a career change? Crossroads Career Network events at HCL are great opportunities to learn, network and grow. Click here to access Crossroads' monthly calendar and see what's coming up.
- Financial Peace University: If you're looking for an opportunity to create a plan to become an effective steward of your personal finances and God's resources bestowed upon you, then sign up for Dave Ramsey's nine-week Financial Peace University (FPU) course starting Monday, January 22nd at 6:00pm at HCL. Click here to learn more and register.
- Fitness Center Exercise Classes: If you're looking for opportunities to feel good and gain more energy while enjoying fellowship with others, then consider the Fitness Center at HCL! If you like the accountability and enjoyment of group fitness, check out our Winter Fitness Center classes. From full body strength and core and yoga to Jazzercise and senior classes, there are many ways to get on a healthy path for 2018. Click here for the Winter 2018 Class Schedule.
- MOMS Ministry: Meets Tuesdays in Fellowship Hall (JC). There is a morning and evening session available. Join other moms just like you who are in all ages and stages of their mom journey. Click here for details.
Make a Difference
- NextGen/Children's Ministry: We are looking for helping hands and loving hearts to serve in HCL's Toddler Nursery as well as the NextGen Counter in the Atrium. Click here to view opportunities to answer questions and help direct children and families at the NextGen Counter. Click here to view openings for helping in the Toddler Nursery.
- Parking Ministry: We are in desperate need of people to consistently help with parking before and after worship services at HCL as well as a point person to manage the schedule of volunteers each month. Click here for all available serving opportunities and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Worship Media: We have openings for sound techs and screen operators for worship services at our Janesville and Grange Campuse as well as in our NEW Chapel North services (coming Fall of 2018). The time commitment can be as little as a couple of hours per month and we will provide all the necessary training! If you're technically inclined and would like to be part of a fun, fast-paced ministry, please contact Bill Busch at 414-529-6700 ext. 139 or email@example.com.
Check out our Serve/Volunteer page for immediate and ongoing serving opportunities.
Is Your Ministry Missing?
If your ministry is starting up in the fall or hosting an event or activity to share with the People of God, let us know! Submit a Publicity Request to the Hales Corners Lutheran Communications Team to develop a comprehensive marketing plan to help you promote your event/program so you can have the biggest impact on the people of God. Click here to get started.