Mar 09, 2018
"My Thought for Your Day" by Paul Minzlaff
For the latest installment of "My Thought for Your Day," visit our "Inspiration" blog.
The phone rings – a call you weren’t expecting. There’s a knock at your door – an uninvited guest arrives. Then, the unexpected happens and, without warning, your life takes a turn you hadn’t planned for. We seldom plan for the blows that life cruelly delivers. The words spoken cause your heart to quicken and your body to tremble – “Sorry, but your job has been eliminated,” “The test results have returned, you have cancer,” “I have decided I want a divorce.”
There are times in our life when fear wins. But God knew we would struggle with fear in our life and He has provided his Word to meet fear head on. No matter what you are facing, find comfort in knowing that God is present in all of life's circumstances:
- Unconditional Love. We read in 1 John, “God is love.” There is no fear in love. Love drives out fear. When our focus is on love, our actions display a confidence that we know that we are a child of God. We love because God first loved us.
- Hope. Friends and family may fail you, but God will never leave your side. Our hope is built – no, anchored – in this promise. We are instructed in His Word to be “strong and courageous.” Stop using words that move you away from His truth. Words like “but what if, I can’t” add doubt and anxiousness to our life.
- Healing. God’s Word heals. It heals us from the inside out, starting with our heart. God has promised never to leave or forsake you. With that assurance, we can learn from the past while welcoming today with confidence, knowing that faith wins!
- Encouragement. We read the words of Isaiah 40: “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and you men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
- Promise. God will not break His promises. The prophet Isaiah wrote, “So do not fear, I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”
Satan and the world want you to focus on words that encourage fear. Words that have doubt and darkness hide the truth. When we listen to words like – “What if I can’t,” “I never will…,” we paralyze our minds and we drain our bodies of the energy and faith we desire.
My prayer for us today is that we not only reflect on, but also live out the words that David recorded in Psalm 3: “I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side. From the Lord comes deliverance.”
Thoughts to Encourage
- Be committed to the Process of what you do, not the results. Turn the results over to God.
- There are no second chances for the person who focuses on "CANNOT."