Mar 15, 2018
For the latest installment of "My Thought for Your Day," visit our "Inspiration" blog
Imagine for a moment it is your day to stand before God. How do you feel about this moment in time? The sobering truth is your day will come! Is it tomorrow, next week, many years from now? Only the Creator of the universe is certain of that day.
Judgement day. I think we often joke about standing at the “Pearly Gates,” but the truth of the matter is humor will not substitute for the life we chose to lead while on this earth. I kind of doubt that God will look at your bank account, want to see proof of your degree or have you show Him the trophies you won. No, I believe God’s question to you will be: “How much did you love me and my people?” Want some help your answer?
5 Daily Habits to Loving More
- Be intentional. Love is something that doesn’t come naturally, it requires that we place others and their needs ahead of ourselves. Pride, ego and selfishness all focus on what is best for “me”; being intentional with your thoughts, your words, and your actions will demonstrate your love to others.
- Speak love. It is hard to demonstrate love when your tongue speaks anger. Our words are a product of our mind and our mind is conditioned by our heart. Could your heart use a check-up today?
- Remove the barriers. “I’m sorry” is one of the most difficult things for our mouths to speak and yet it opens the door to healing and forgiveness.
- Just listen. Slow down to hear people’s cry for help. Tears flowing down the cheeks of a person will never been seen staring at your iPhone. Remove the barriers from your world so that you can be truly present and listen to the needs of those around you.
- Love others where they are. Don’t waste your time analyzing and focusing on what is wrong – don’t tear down, build up! See what is possible in others, even when they can’t see it in themselves. When you believe in others, they gain confidence.
From now on, promise yourself that love will be what your heart and mind focus on. Little by little, day by day, let love be your solution. Let it be the first answer to the tests of life that await us daily. Rejoice that you have a God who loves you right where you are today – a love so great that He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Let us lead a life that prepares us for that day that Christ returns. Imagine on that day hearing these words spoken to you: “I’m so proud that you let me use you. Because of you, many others are here today with you. Would you like to meet them?”
Thoughts to Encourage
- You can NOT live the life God created you to live until you give God the life you have.
- Don’t be a “said & tell” person; rather, be a “show & tell” person that has your actions led by your heart.