Requesting A Grant
Hales Corners Lutheran Foundation Grant Request Process
The Foundation was organized to operate exclusively for religious purposes. For such purposes it shall:
- Promote and receive gifts, grants, bequests, wills, insurance and donations of every kind and nature and use them for the promotion and extension of the mission and ministry of Hales Corners Lutheran Church.
- Use funds only in one or more of the following areas:
- Mission Outreach
- LIfe Enrichment Programs
- Music and the Arts
Who can make a request for a grant?
- Any member of Hales Corners Lutheran Church who is at least 21 years of age.
- All requests must be forwarded through a member of the HCL Direct Report team.
How should the request be prepared?
- In writing, spelling out all needs, specific amount requested, time frame, benefit to HCLC, process of accountability.
- Mailed or delivered to the church mail box of any Foundation Board member from the appropriate Ministry Staff member.
How will the request be reviewed?
- It will be considered at the next available Foundation Board of Directors meeting.
- Decision to grant or deny request will be based on:
- How well it meets "emphasis areas" criteria
- Its impact on the overall HCL ministry effort
- The degree of need of the person/organization requesting
- Value to the Foundation (visibility for encouraging future donors)
- The decision of the Board of Directors will be delivered in writing by the President fo the Foundation.
Click here to go back to the HCL Foundation page.