Crossroads Career Network
Our mission is to assist people who find themselves at crossroads in their career. Whether at a career crossroads due to a job loss or a desire to move in a new career direction, Crossroads Career Network provides tools to help you on your journey.
This is what the Lord says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.” Jeremiah 6:16
The ministry has 2 aspects that provide assistance to career seekers, Monthly Network Meetings and the Explorer’s Course.
Discover a career direction that uses your unique, God-given gifts and passions! Meets on the 2nd Monday of every month from 6:30-9 pm in Fellowship Hall.
The meetings are open to everyone. No charge to attend, no advanced registration is required. At the meetings you can:
- Learn from and talk to career transition professionals
- Get ideas, advice, and encouragement on your career journey
- Make contacts with others who are at a career crossroads
- Explore the calling that God has for your career and life
- Join small group Roundtable discussions for feedback on resumes, cover letters, interview skills, networking for jobs, and other topics.
Explorers Course or Workshop
This comprehensive eight-week course/workshop for career seekers is offered 3 times a year (Winter, Spring, Fall) at Hales Corners Lutheran. It is designed to help you discover the key steps to take for a successful career search in today's job market. The course is open to everyone, pre-registration is required. Class sizes are limited. Materials Fee is $20.
The course/workshop includes:
- Ways to Hear God’s Calling
- Dealing with Anger & Fear
- Assessing Your Skills & Abilities
- Developing Your Resume
- Networking to Find Opportunities
- Preparing for Interviews
- Negotiating a Win-Win Job Offer
- And More
Crossroads Career Network Calendar
Click here to download the latest Crossroads Career Network Calendar for details on upcoming events and workshops. You can also follow us on LinkedIn at HCL-Crossroads Career Network for the latest information about Network Meetings Speakers/Topics or Dates for the next Explorers Course/Workshops.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-529-6700 ext. 358.