Loaves & Fishes
What is Loaves & Fishes?
The Loaves & Fishes ministry provides an opportunity for the HCL family to get together and hang out over breakfast. During the months of September through May, breakfast is served along with a Bake Sale in the Janesville Road Campus Fellowship Hall.
Breakfast is served the 2nd Sunday of each month from 8:45am-12:30pm. Sept - May
During June - August, a cookout is provided in the Community Center from 10:30am-12:30pm.
Cookout is served the 2nd Sunday of each month from 10:30am-12:30pm. June-August.
Proceeds from the Breakfast and Bake Sale go to a selected HCL ministry or outreach program each month. We hope to see you out for food, fellowship and fun!
Making An Impact
Sure, we host our bake sales and have our cookouts here at HCL, but the reach of the Loaves and Fishes program extends far beyond our own faith community.
From the inner city of Milwaukee to other countries across the globe, Loaves and Fishes feeds mission efforts that provide support, resources and education in God's name to thousands of people each and every year.
Click here to read more about local and global mission supported by Loaves and Fishes.
Help With Loaves & Fishes!
We are always looking for people with any of the following qualities:
- You love to cook, grill and/or bake
- You have experience serving large groups of people
- You've worked in a commercial kitchen
If you'd like to help and you're willing to share these talents with others, we'd love to have you be a part of this ministry. Please contact Susan Stoll, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-529-6700.
Bake Sale Instructions
Thank you for your willingness to donate your talents to the Loaves and Fishes Ministry Bake Sale! Here are some guidelines for baked goods:
- All donated items need to be packaged in individual bags/containers ready to sell. Do not cut cakes, pies, or breads as they sell better whole.
- Items such as cookies, bars, and brownies can be wrapped individually or in larger packs.
- Clearly mark items that may contain nuts or peanut butter.
- Gluten free items welcomed - please mark accordingly.
- Do not price items; all items will be sold as a free will offering
- Bring your baked goods to Fellowship Hall the 2nd Saturday of the month or early Sunday morning. There will be a table designated for donations. If you need to drop off earlier, be sure to mark that the items are for the bake sale and leave with the church receptionist.
For More Information
If you have any questions about Loaves and Fishes or you'd like to help in some capacity, please contact Susan Stoll, email@example.com or 414-529-6700.