In Acts 1:8, Jesus tells us "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." And in John 13:34-35, Jesus says "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as i have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
We recently hosted the J2e3 Mission Conference. J2e3 stands for Jesus to Everyone, Everywhere, Everyday. Serving God can take on many different shapes. You can serve in your home, in your community, at the school, in the church. You can also serve nationally or globally. Where is God calling you to use your gifts?
3 Ways to Get Started
What are you interested in? What gifts has God given you? Here are some ways to get started:
- Check out our Calendar. There are always opportunities to serve when we host an event.
- Check out the immediate and ongoing opportunities below. You can also click here to visit all of the different areas of ministry you can serve in.
- Call Jessica Ramdohr at 414-529-6700 ext. 138 to discuss your interests, skills and talents. She will be able to connect you with opportunities that align with your skill sets.
Current Serving Opportunities
- Volunteers for Special Needs events and activities
- Executive Director, Ebenezer Stone Ministries
- Altar Guild: Help is needed at the Sat 5:30pm, Sun 7:45am, and Sun 5:00pm services. When you serve on Altar Guild, you help with set-up and take-down for Baptisms and Holy Communion. Serve once a month or every other month. Click here for more information about Worship Ministry.
- Buddy Break: Help with set-up for Buddy Break on the third Sunday of every month for 30 minutes after the 9:15am service. Click here to learn more about Buddy Break.
- Common Grounds: We are always looking for more helpers on Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings before and after services. For those interested, training is provided, so no prior experience is required. Individuals, couples and families are encouraged to consider serving in this fun environment. Click here for more details and please contact Paula Speaks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-671-3179.
- The DOCK Sunday School Leaders: Click here to learn more about The DOCK.
- Ebenezer Stone: We need help providing supplies for the Saturday morning breakfast at Ebenezer on Fridays. Pick up of food from Walmart at 1:00, taking to Ebenezer, sorting donations based on need, then buying other food to make up the needed supplies for a full hot breakfast. Must be able to lift 30lbs and available Friday afternoons. Contact Wayne at 414-218-5889. There are many other options to serve, click here to learn more.
- FaithInk Small Group Leaders: Click here to learn more about FaithInk.
- Habitat for Humanity: If you are a Drywaller or want to learn how to drywall, you can help with a Habitat for Humanity home on Saturday, December 3rd, 9am - 3pm. No experience necessary. Please contact Jessica Ramdohr to sign-up, 414-529-6700 ext 138 or email@example.com.
- Hope Street Ministry: Local Opportunities include providing childcare for their Sunday meetings at 4:00pm, leading Bible Study, adopting an apartment, joining them for meal or a cookout, planning and leading a VBS for the kids, starting a workout or wellness group with the residents, and joining them for Wednesday morning prayer. Contact Jessica Ramdohr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-529-6700 to volunteer or for more information. Click here to learn more about Hope Street Ministry.
- Lawn Care Service: Help with lawn care during the summer and leaf raking in the fall at HCL or helping elderly/disabled members.
- Marriage Mentors: Serve as a guide for new couples entering the commitment of marriage. If you are interested in being a marriage mentor couple, please contact Julie Crowe, 414-529-6700, ext. 114.
- Meals Ministry: Provide meals for members who have lost a loved one or are dealing with a health issue and need assistance providing meals for their family during their crisis. Contact Carolyn Bienert: 414-529-4401, Sue Monfre: 414-427-9120 or Karen Ruetz: 414-571-6969.
- StockBox: Delivering a food box to low income senior citizens is called StockBox. Additional volunteers are needed for this delivery to local apartment buildings. The first Monday of each month from 2:00 to 3:15. Contact Wayne at 414-218-5889.
- Tech help during Worship: Operate screens or control the sound board. Click here for more information about Worship Ministry.
- Ushers: We are looking for ushers to help at all services, but especially Sun 7:45, 9:15 and 11:00. Contact Jessica Ramdohr at 414-529-6700 ext 138 or email@example.com.
- Worship Readers: Readers are always needed for Worship. Click here for more information about Worship Ministry.
Need More Information?
If you have any questions or you would like to get involved, contact Jessica Ramdohr at 414-529-6700 ext. 138.