Ongoing Serving Opportunities
- Altar Guild: Help is needed at the Sat 5:30pm, Sun 7:45am, and Sun 5:00pm services. When you serve on Altar Guild, you help with set-up and take-down for Baptisms and Holy Communion. Serve once a month or every other month. Click here for more information about Worship Ministry.
- Buddy Break: Help with set-up for Buddy Break on the third Sunday of every month for 30 minutes after the 9:15am service. Click here to learn more about Buddy Break.
- Common Grounds: We are always looking for more helpers on Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings before and after services. For those interested, training is provided, so no prior experience is required. Individuals, couples and families are encouraged to consider serving in this fun environment. Click here for more details and please contact Paula Speaks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-671-3179.
- The DOCK Sunday School Leaders: Click here to learn more about The DOCK.
- Ebenezer Stone: We need help providing supplies for the Saturday morning breakfast at Ebenezer on Fridays. Pick up of food from Walmart at 1:00, taking to Ebenezer, sorting donations based on need, then buying other food to make up the needed supplies for a full hot breakfast. Must be able to lift 30lbs and available Friday afternoons. Contact Wayne at 414-218-5889. There are many other options to serve, click here to learn more.
- FaithInk Small Group Leaders: Click here to learn more about FaithInk.
- Hope Street Ministry: Local Opportunities include providing childcare for their Sunday meetings at 4:00pm, leading Bible Study, adopting an apartment, joining them for meal or a cookout, planning and leading a VBS for the kids, starting a workout or wellness group with the residents, and joining them for Wednesday morning prayer. Contact Jessica Ramdohr at email@example.com or 414-529-6700 to volunteer or for more information. Click here to learn more about Hope Street Ministry.
- Lawn Care Service: Help with lawn care during the summer and leaf raking in the fall at HCL or helping elderly/disabled members.
- Marriage Mentors: Serve as a guide for new couples entering the commitment of marriage. If you are interested in being a marriage mentor couple, please contact Julie Crowe, 414-529-6700, ext. 114.
- Meals Ministry: Provide meals for members who have lost a loved one or are dealing with a health issue and need assistance providing meals for their family during their crisis. Contact Carolyn Bienert: 414-529-4401, Sue Monfre: 414-861-1123 or Karen Ruetz: 414-571-6969.
- Parking Ministry Helpers: Parking Ministry is a serving opportunity for helpers age 18 and over who would be needed to assist 1-2 times per month (or more, if desired). Parking efforts for each service will be lead by a team leader. Polo shirts, flashlights, vests, radios, and handheld stop signs will be provided. Contact Rebecca Kurkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- StockBox: Delivering a food box to low income senior citizens is called StockBox. Additional volunteers are needed for this delivery to local apartment buildings. The first Monday of each month from 2:00 to 3:15. Contact Wayne at 414-218-5889.
- Ushers: We are looking for ushers to help at all services, but especially Sun 7:45, 9:15 and 11:00. Contact Jessica Ramdohr at 414-529-6700 ext 138 or email@example.com.
- Toddler Nursery Assistants: We're looking for loving hearts to help care for the little ones in HCL's Toddler Nursery! Volunteers play with the little ones, read Bible stories, play and give out snacks in a laid back setting. If you're interested in helping during one of these services: Sat. 5:30, Sun. 9:15, Sun. 11:00, please contact Rachel Stathakis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ushers: Ushers are needed during every worship service, to hand out bulletins, help parishioners find seats, collect the offering and more. We need more ushers specifically at the Sat 5:30, Sun 7:45 and 11:00 services. Contact Jessica Ramdohr at 414-529-6700 ext 138 or email@example.com with questions or to sign up.
- Worship Readers: Readers are always needed for Worship. Click here for more information about Worship Ministry.
- Worship Sound & Screen Techs: We're looking for volunteers to run the sound board and screens for worship services, both at Janesville Road Campus and Grange Chapel. Training will be provided. Opportunities are available for ALL worship services. Commitment can be for 1 - 2 services per month, or more if desired! If interested, please contact the Director of Music Ministries, Bill Busch at 414-529-6700 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org