Offering school-aged Sunday School, Confirmation and Adult Study (individual support offered in mainstream Sunday School and FaithInk classes).
- September through May, Room B32
- Sundays, 10:45 am until Noon
Contact Sarah Serigos at 414-427-7098 or email email@example.com.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Sign Language Interpretation available Sundays, 9:15 am Service
- Assistive Listening Devices available, ask ushers when attending services
Friendship Circle Bible Study for Adults
Join our Friendship Circle Bible Study for Adults on Thursdays, 9:00 to 10:00 am, Room 166. Sign language interpretation included.
When a loved one has special needs, it's important to find the right accommodations to enable them to get involved and participate in the things they enjoy. Here at HCL, we have a number of resources, events and activities that are tailored to meet your loved one at their point of need and ensure they are able to enjoy worship and the ministries they choose to get involved in.
Buddy Break is a free monthly respite program for families of kids and young adults with special needs. It is offered Sundays, 1:00 to 4:00 pm, Fellowship Hall.
Jan. 21 I Spy - a Mystery!
Feb. 18 Winter Olympics
Mar. 18 Art Party (dress for a mess!)
Apr. 15 March Madness… in April
May 20 Family Fishing Event (offsite)
Jun. 18-22 Vacation Bible School (no Buddy Break)
July 15 For the Birds
Aug. 12 Summer Fun!
Sept. 16 Game Show Extravaganza
Oct. 21 Fall Costume Festival
Nov. 18 Making Music
Dec. 16 Polar Express Christmas
VIP's (individuals with a special need and their siblings)
- Identify Hales Corners Lutheran Church as your location.
- Complete the secure VIP Family Info Form online
- Call to reserve your space at a VIP orientation (required). This allows the Buddies to meet you and your children and gives you a chance to see Buddy Break before you begin participating. Orientation is held monthly during the Buddy Break Session.
- Identify Hales Corners Lutheran Church as your location
- Call to register for a two hour Buddy Training 101 class (14 years and older)
Won't you consider being a part of this wonderful movement to support our community's special needs population? Buddy Break is a monthly respite program for families with children with Special Needs. The biggest need is 1-on-1 volunteers, but help is needed in other areas, such as set up and clean up, and help in activity rooms (music room, game room, craft room, gym), and prayer partners. You don't need to commit to helping every month - you can come as you are able.
- Educational Hour-instructors, assistants
- Vacation Bible School
- Craft Preparation
- Prayer Partners
- Administrative Tasks
- Buddies for Buddy Break or weekly Sunday School or Faith Ink classes
For more information or to get registered, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A training is held on the first Sunday of every month. Our upcoming training dates: May 6, June 3, July 1, August 5, Sept. 3, Oct. 7, Nov. 4 and Dec. 2.