The worship services at HCL run smoothly because of the many people who serve before, during and after. Whether you are helping in the planning, set-up, sharing your talents in worship, or clean-up, your service is priceless. We invite you to share God's Word with others by utilizing your talents in the following areas.
Worship Ministry Opportunities
- Acolytes: Students in our confirmation ministry serve during worship services by lighting candles and assisting with Holy Communion. Click here for the Acolyte Manual. Contact Jessica Ramdohr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-529-6700 ext. 138.
- After Service Prayer Ministers: Prayer ministers are available after each service to offer extra prayer time.
- Altar Guild: Prepare the Altar for worship, baptisms and Holy Communion each week. Also coordinate the Altar flowers and dedications. Meets 1st Monday of March and November. Contact Sharon at email@example.com or 414-202-7831.
- Coffee Fellowship: The Sunday morning atrium coffee team of hosts, set-up and serve coffee and cookies between services.
- Common Grounds: Coffee and a variety of snacks are available for purchase after services or special events.
- Common Grounds Library: Find great books to feed your spiritual appetite. Group materials are also available for checkout.
- Concierge Ministry: Assist pastors and worship staff in monitoring the activities in the Atrium before, during and after the worship services. For more information, contact Jeff Monson-Dupuis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Decorating: Decorate the church for the holidays. Contact Rebecca Kurkowski at email@example.com.
- Emergency Medical Responders: Doctors, Nurses, Firefighters, and EMS volunteer to respond to medical emergencies during worship and special services. Responders are able to attend their normal service and sit with their families while carrying a pager. For more information, contact Darlene Sorrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Greeters: Friendly faces greet everyone as they come in to worship. For more information, contact Helen Spaetti at email@example.com.
- Information Counter Host: Help others get the information they need before and after services. For more information, contact Julie Berquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lay Worship Assistants: Assist with the distribution of Holy Communion and other lay worship roles as needed. Contact Barb Kopf at email@example.com or 414-529-4053.
- Little Lambs Toddler Nursery: Provides childcare during worship for children who are sturdy walkers through 3 1/2 years old. Experienced and loving volunteers welcome to help staff.
- Parking Attendants: Opportunities exist to help direct incoming and outgoing traffic, from the parking lot for special services. For more information, contact Rebecca Kurkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pew Rack Care: The pew racks contain many items such as guest envelopes and scribble cards. Our care team replenishes the pew racks during the week.
- Readers: Worship is enhanced by having God's Word read by volunteers.
- Ushers: Greet worshippers, help find seats, provide bulletins and help with collection of our gifts. Click here for Usher's manual. Contact Jessica Ramdohr at email@example.com or 414-529-6700 ext. 138.
- Worship Implementation Team: This group helps put together handouts and simple visual projects for sermon series. Contact Rebecca Kurkowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Worship Media Ministry: Worship presentations, operate the projection equipment or live feed video during worship, record special productions, provide sound for worship and special events as well as media slides. Contact Bill Busch, 414-529-6700, ext. 139 for more information.
For More Information
For more information about any of these listings, please contact the church office at 414-529-6700.