Ebenezer Stone Ministries
Did you know that the city of Milwaukee’s poverty rate is 29%? That is nearly double the national rate of 14.8% and the state of Wisconsin rate of 13.2%. This makes Milwaukee the nation's fifth most impoverished big city! Painfully, Milwaukee’s poverty rate is 42.1% among children 18 and under.
Each and every one of us has been blessed with unique gifts and talents and is called to make a difference in the world for Christ!
The people of Hales Corners Lutheran Church have a grand opportunity to make a difference in the lives others right here in our own community through Ebenezer Stone Ministries (ESM)! ESM, on the Southside of Milwaukee operates a Food Pantry every Wednesday and Saturday mornings, Serves hot Breakfast every Saturday morning and serves Lunch along with prayer and access to a variety of community assistance programs every Wednesday morning (Community Connect). Take closer look at ESM.
Start making a difference now
- Pray for ESM and the people it serves.
- Pray with the people that ESM serves during breakfast or lunch
- Manual labor: pick-up donated supplies, unload, sort, shelve and/or bag them
- Prepare, serve and/or clean-up lunch or breakfast
- Serve in the food pantry
- Serve on a hospitality, program development or security team
- Offer professional trade services i.e. plumbing, construction, heating, electrical, etc.
- Research community services and agencies
- In-kind (monetary) and material gifts and donations
Immediate Openings for Volunteers
- Pick up donated bread and baked goods: Various retail vendors will donate their bread and baked goods. These items need to be picked up weekly from the vendors and brought to Ebenezer. This is a vital part of our food pantry and includes lifting. Pick-ups are done Mondays and Fridays at 2:30 pm, Fridays between 6:00 am - 2:00 pm. (Missed pick-ups will result in cancelation of donations).
Ebenezer Stone Ministries Contacts
email@example.com (414) 529-6700 ext. 111
Operations Director, Community Connect (Wednesday Lunch) Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org (414) 529-6700 ext. 113
Food Pantry Volunteer Manager
email@example.com (262) 385-5274
Saturday Breakfast Volunteer Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org (414) 218-5889