Christian Parents Advisory League (CPAL)
Hales Corners Lutheran School’s (HCLS) parent teacher organization.
Giving families opportunities to connect with one another and our school.
We are looking forward to another great school year! All families are encouraged to participate in CPAL events; you do not need to be a member of the CPAL board to organize or volunteer. Many events need additional help in order to be successful and there will be multiple opportunities to get involved. Additional information will be shared as we get closer to each event. Please contact a CPAL board member to see how you can help.
We welcome your help in making these events successful!
CPAL Team Members and responsibilities
By the power of the Holy Spirit, our primary tasks include:
- Providing positive feedback and constructive criticism to school administration
- Engaging in fellowship through volunteer opportunities
- Sponsoring activities to recognize and support the school staff
- Supporting our school and families through fundraising
- Supporting our school families through educational opportunities
- Crissy Peterson (Grange Campus Principal)
- Cindy Lemerande (2nd Grade Teacher)
- Emily Lenz (STREAM Teacher)
All Team Members
- Attend monthly meetings
- Provide feedback to school administration
- Plan and volunteer for spring student/family event
- 2 year commitment to the Board
Fundraising (Kara Woida & Linda Grutza)
- Coordinator for the major school fundraiser for the school year.
- Organize sub-committees/leaders for tasks related to the major fundraiser and report to CPAL Board regarding the fundraiser.
Publications OPEN POSITION
- Create publicity for all CPAL events. This would include information articles for school newsletter, church newsletter, and website.
- Create flyers and posters for CPAL events.
- Communicate information regarding the distribution of funds for the school.
- Speak at back to school Orientation nights regarding CPAL and its mission.
Secretary (Carrie Mareno)
- Record and distribute minutes, financial summary from monthly meetings.
- Update and maintain CPAL records.
- Lead in developing educational opportunities for parents and families.
Student Activities (Kristin Thiel & OPEN POSITION)
- Coordinator for Hop ‘n Shop.
- Organize sub-committees/leaders for tasks related to Hop ‘n Shop and report to the CPAL board regarding this fellowship activity.
Teacher Recognition and Support (Sheryl Dolezal)
- Coordinate communication and funds for Room Parents program at the Grange and Janesville Campuses.
- Plan and provide meal for teachers at fall Parent-Teacher conferences as well as breakfast during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Coordinate Christmas cards for staff, new teacher recognition, anniversary years of service for teachers, and flowers for Administrative Professionals Day.
Treasurer (Nicole Wolfe)
- Deposit funds; properly receive and disburse moneys promptly.
- Bank account maintenance – signing checks, reconcile bank statements, keep/issue receipt(s) for moneys received, etc.
- Keep an accurate record of all money received and disbursed.
- Provide monthly reports; update the board regarding key financial events, etc.