Christian Parents Advisory League (CPAL)
Christian Parents Advisory League (CPAL) is Hales Corners Lutheran School’s (HCLS) parent teacher organization. It is designed to enrich and connect our families and our school. The CPAL team gives valuable feedback to help support our school and ensure that the needs of our students are met, reinforcing a positive school experience in a Christian environment.
2016 - 2017 Calendar of Events
Please join us at any of the events listed below. You do not need to be a member of the CPAL board to serve and/or participate!
September 27th --
September 28th --
September 29th --
October 27th-29th --
December 3rd --
January 22nd-28th --
March 16th --
April 5th --
April 6th --
May 1st-5th --
June 9th --
Pastries with Parents (PS)
Muffins with Moms (MS)
Muffins with Moms (ES)
Apple Pie Fundraiser @ Janesville Road Campus
Hop and Shop @ Grange Campus
Lutheran Schools Week
Painting with Parents (PS)
Donuts with Dads (ES)
Donuts with Dads (MS)
Teacher Appreciation Week
Last Day of School (watch for more information)
We welcome your help in making these events successful!
Click here to check out our needs and see how you can help.
CPAL Team Members and responsibilities
By the power of the Holy Spirit, our primary tasks include:
- Providing positive feedback and constructive criticism to school administration
- Engaging in fellowship through volunteer opportunities
- Sponsoring activities to recognize and support the school staff
- Supporting our school and families through fundraising
- Supporting our school families through educational opportunities
Mrs. Bartholomew, Elementary School Principal
Mrs. Lemerande, 2nd Grade Teacher
All Team Members
- Attend monthly meetings
- Provide feedback to school administration
- Plan and volunteer for spring student/family event
- 2 year commitment to the Board
Fund Raising (Kara Woida)
- Coordinator for the major school fundraiser for the school year.
- Organize sub-committees/leaders for tasks related to the major fundraiser and report to CPAL Board regarding the fundraiser.
Publications (Bettina Zivney)
- Create publicity for all CPAL events. This would include information articles for school newsletter, church newsletter, and website.
- Create flyers and posters for CPAL events.
- Communicate information regarding the distribution of funds for the school.
- Speak at back to school Orientation nights regarding CPAL and its mission.
Secretary (Carrie Mareno)
- Record and distribute minutes, financial summary from monthly meetings.
- Update and maintain CPAL records.
- Lead in developing educational opportunities for parents and families.
Student Activities (Michelle Wise & Kristin Quantrell)
- Coordinator for Hop ‘n Shop.
- Organize sub-committees/leaders for tasks related to Hop ‘n Shop and report to the CPAL board regarding this fellowship activity.
Teacher Recognition and Support (Sheryl Dolezal)
- Coordinate communication and funds for Room Parents program at Elementary and Middle Schools.
- Plan and provide meal for teachers at fall Parent-Teacher conferences as well as breakfast during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Coordinate Christmas cards for staff, new teacher recognition, anniversary years of service for teachers, and flowers for Administrative Professionals Day.
Treasurer (Nicole Wolfe)
- Deposit funds; properly receive and disburse moneys promptly.
- Bank account maintenance – signing checks, reconcile bank statements, keep/issue receipt(s) for moneys received, etc.
- Keep an accurate record of all money received and disbursed.
- Provide monthly reports; update the board regarding key financial events, etc.