Marriage at HCL
In May of 2013 at the “Marriage Summit,” the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS) affirmed, on the basis of Scripture, that marriage is the lifelong union of one man and one woman. As a member of the LCMS, Hales Corners Lutheran Church conducts weddings that join one man and one woman who intend to be joined for their mutual lifetime. (Genesis 2:2-4; Matthew 19:5-6)
We ask that couples who choose to get married at Hales Corners Lutheran Church commit to each of the following:
- Attending worship. If you are not a member of Hales Corners Lutheran, a minimum attendance at three worship services is required.
- Completing Pre-Marital Counseling. Again, we believe that, if we are going to prepare you for a wedding, we have an obligation to prepare you for a marriage.
- Praying together about your relationship and marriage. This is an important time in your lives and in your relationship with God.
- Contact our Wedding Coordinator Julie Crowe at firstname.lastname@example.org. to reserve a date and select a pastor.
- You will need to set up a meeting with the pastor performing your ceremony. Please note that your wedding date is not finalized until you meet with your pastor.
- In your meeting with your pastor, you will:
- Review the Wedding Information Packet
- Complete the Wedding Information Sheet
- Submit at $175.00 deposit (this deposit will be refunded to you 6 months after your wedding when you follow-up with your Marriage Mentors for a post wedding check-in)
We pray that you ask Jesus to be the center of your lives together. On behalf of all of us at Hales Corners Lutheran, thank you again for your consideration and may God bless you on this beautiful journey. Click here for more information about planning your ceremony.