Buildings and Grounds Supervisor
This position is responsible for the maintenance, functionality and cleanliness in a church and school facility and its grounds. Some work may require extended hours, such as evenings, weekends, and holidays. This position will supervise and manage work items of the buildings and grounds staff.
This is a hands-on role requiring a combination of management and performing required work. The person would lead by example and consistently model Christian values and behavior. This work is to be done as a ministry, aligning with church and school priorities.
Work hours will be flexible, depending upon the work required. Some maintenance, cleaning, or other special projects may need to take place while no children or staff are in the building.
Position reports directly to Chief Operating Officer. Please send all resumes to Jill Felch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures cleanliness, maintenance and safe conditions of facility and grounds
• Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by staff, technicians, vendors and contractors performing maintenance, grounds and janitorial work
• Working knowledge of the operation and maintenance of electrical, mechanical equipment, other systems and machinery
• Ability to prioritize work and effectively align staff with agreed upon priorities with flexibility as priorities change
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow established process, procedure and protocol established by leadership.
• Establish and follow a preventative maintenance plan for facility equipment
• Participates in inspections, licensing, contracts, leasing as required
• Obtains and reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labor
• General computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet, work item ticketing system)
• Maintain balance of daily work and special projects
• Assist in event setup/take down, cleaning
• Other duties as assigned
• Manage a team of employees, including hiring, workforce planning and scheduling.
• Provides direction and oversight to work completion
• Provide strategic partnership to establish preventative maintenance plan that is within budget
• Collaborative, coaching, team-building work style
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with vendors, staff and leadership.
• Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
• Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
• Ability to effectively write and present information, including but not limited to status reports, processes and plans for complex projects
• Negotiating and conflict management skills
• Collaborative style that includes proper communication prior to work being done such as coordinating with all stakeholders
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or Bachelors degree preferred.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of five years of related experience and/or training.
Prior supervisory experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Driver's license required.